Sunday, June 13, 2010

New ride.


This is the newest bike to my stable, a Commencal Meta 5.5 Carbon. I first rode this bike at the Inter Bike show in Las Vegas last September. There was a 2 day demo at the begining of the 5 day show, where you could ride virtually all the new model bikes coming out for the next model year. I rode 10 different bikes over the 2 days, spending up to 1 1/2 hours on each bike. The Commencal Meta 5.5 and Meta 6 were by far the most fun and exciting bikes to ride. I had been a Trek rider for over 20 years and had been excited about the new Carbon Remedy, as I had been riding the alloy Remedy's for 3 years, but the Commencal just blew the Trek out of the water. So much more sure footed at speed and climbs like a goat!
The bike I rode at Vegas was built up as a light trail bike, but I have built mine up as more of an All Mountain bike. Fox Talas 36's, custom Hadley/Bontrager wheelset, XTR/Saint drivetrain, Gore Ride-on cables, Tompson post, WTB saddle, Race Race Atlas stem, Oury grips on Bontrager bars. Weighs about 30 pounds with pedals.

No comments:

Post a Comment