Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Shimano 230 shoes up date.

These shoes have been part of my riding out fit for quite a while now, about a year and a half. They are the most durable shoes I've had my feet in for some time, comfortable too, especially after I had them heat molded to my feet. I must have done 3000 plus K's of  riding, mostly dirt, in these shoes, with only a little delamination of the skuff guards to show for all their use. The soles are still hardly worn either. I have had to replace both buckles though. One I damaged when crashing my bike on a slippery road in Bhutan in November last year, then I clipped it on a fence post back here in Wanaka and it came flying off. Not surprised at that though. The other buckle just came apart in my hand one day while I was doing it up. Just worn out I guess, The buckles come in pairs, so I had a spare in the workshop already. Two minute fix.


No comments:

Post a Comment