Friday, April 27, 2012

Enduro XD15 BB86 bearing kit

I've sort of written about this very cool bottom bracket before. I have been running these ceramic balled, ultra long lasting, super smooth spinning bearing kits for a while now. The first one was in my Meta 55 mountain bike for about 8 months and know it's in my road bike, spinning very happily and making my riding less of a drag, literally.

Now Enduro have put the same awesome bearings in a press-in BB86 style kit. I've put one in my Meta SX. After running one of these bottom brackets, you just can't got back to the standard types from Shimano or Truvativ. Even Chris King bb's feel slow compared to these. These bearing kits can be disassembled, cleaned, re-greased and made to run good as new time and time again. If it gets water or mud in it, no big deal. Simply pull it apart, clean out the dirt and water, put in fresh Enduro Ceramic grease and away you go again. No waste and high performance. Sure, they are not cheap, but neither is a new BB kit from the big 'S' every 3 or 4 months and your cranks doing spin very easily with one of those in, that's for sure.


No comments:

Post a Comment